Glassonby Old Hall and Jenny's Croft are both Grade II listed with 5 Star Gold Award winning properties. Glassonby Old Hall is a traditional long house retaining many of its original features including old ship timber oak beams, oak mullion windows, flagged stone floors, open fires and stone staircases. Though Old Hall Farm is no longer a working farm, its position on one of the higher hills in the Eden Valley gives it amazing views towards the Pennines and the rolling countryside that has seen this area in Cumbria declared one of the UK's designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Jenny's Croft is a traditional barn with views over the rolling hills of the Eden Valley and its close proximity to the Lake District National Park are the main feature of Jenny's Croft and its private entrance, parking area and outlook make the best of this. The recent renovation of Jenny's Croft which dates back to the 1600s, brings this barn back into habitation for the first time since 1764. It retains many of its original features including beams, open fireplaces, stone staircases, stone walls, original old fashioned door heights (some low) and terraced gardens and fields. Jenny's Croft is furnished throughout with antiques and incorporates solar hot water heating.
These stunning properties are both in an ideal location in the quiet hamlet of Glassonby in the middle of the Eden Valley and perfect for an outdoor break in Cumbria. Numerous walks nearby leading to Lacey's Caves along the Eden River, to the Long Meg Stone Circle (the second largest in England) and to the charming nearby Cumbrian village of Melmerby, where the nationally acclaimed organic Village Bakery and the Shepherd's Inn Pub provide good food and local ales.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, two en-suite bathrooms, one en-suite shower room,one shower room and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stoves.
- Glassonby Old Hall: Sandstone terrace leading up to a lawned area.
- Jenny's Croft: Gated sandstone courtyard with steps up to the lawned gardens.
- Onsite parking.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge - see notes).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak and sandstone flag flooring with underfloor heating.
- Four oven Aga in Glassonby Old Hall, electric hob & separate oven, microwave, American fridge freezer, Bosch dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Large screen LCD television, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Catering service available (see notes).
- Heated towel rails in all bathrooms.
- Cots and high chairs available on request.
- Weber barbecue.
- Sandstone fireplace at Jenny's Croft.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (Please see notes)
Glassonby Old Hall and Jenny's Croft are both stunning Grade II listed properties with 5 Star Gold Awards. Glassonby Old Hall sleeps eight guests and Jenny's Croft four guests with both properties retaining many original features including old ship timber oak beams, oak mullion windows, flagged stone floors, open fires and stone staircases.